DR PAUL MURRAY LEFTSIDE IN BLACK SUIT
NICE TO MEET HIM AT SCIENTIFIC UPDATE OPRD CONFERENCE IN PUNE INDIA DEC 5 2014.
Paul Murray Catalysis Consulting helps companies to save money and resources through more efficient chemical processes.
Dr Paul Murray is a world leading consultant scientist, providing expertise and training in the fields of Catalysis, Design of Experiments and Principal Component Analysis. Paul is an experienced scientist with an additional expertise in automation, multivariate data analysis, process development and problem solving. Paul has a proven track record of the timely delivery of innovative solutions to client projects resulting in significant reductions in costs and resources to customers.
Paul Murray Catalysis Consulting provides expertise in:
- The development and optimisation of challenging catalytic reactions.
- The use of Principal Component Analysis (PCA) to optimise ligand and solvent selection.
- The use of advanced experimental design linking DoE with PCA for efficient reaction development.
- The development and use of automation for reaction screening including catalyst screening.
- The development of chemical reactions across all stages from identification and exploitation of new chemical reaction selectivity’s through to commercial manufacture.
- Homogeneous, heterogeneous and bio catalysis.
Paul Murray Catalysis Consulting offers consultancy in all aspects of Catalysis, Design of Experiments, Principal Component Analysis, solvent selection and process development.
- Design of Experiments to efficiently identify important reaction parameters and optimise processes:
- Selection of the appropriate designs, factors and ranges for an experimental investigation.
- The analysis and interpretation of the experimental data.
- The prediction of reaction outcomes from the Design of Experiments model.
- Principal Component Analysis to rationalise diverse sets of materials such as solvents:
- Selection of suitable properties for chemical datasets to generate appropriate PCA maps.
- Selection of materials from PCA maps to enable the efficient understanding of the chemical space and requirements of the chemical reaction.
- Selection of the appropriate designs and analysis of experimental data.
- Partial Least Squares (PLS) modelling to understand the properties of materials that play a significant role in optimum reaction development and prediction of suitability of additional materials for the chosen reaction.
- Homogeneous, heterogeneous and bio catalysis
- Recommendation of reaction conditions for an array of transformations.
- Guide experimental programs to optimise processes including the selection of the optimum catalyst and ligand.
- Detailed analysis of reaction outcomes to diagnose the source of the trouble.
- Optimisation of a commercial manufacturing process to make a sustainable and economically viable long term process.
- Design of new shorter synthetic routes that fully exploit the opportunities presented by catalysis.